Thursday, July 31, 2008

Adventures In Babysitting

So I've babysat for this family for a long long time and their girls and their family feel like my own. Abi is 7 and Bella is 3 but I've been babysitting them since Bella was just a baby. They both have such individual personalities. Abi is sensitive and emotional (a teeny bit of a drama queen..but I think that's how we connect..) and can be a bit bossy (I know I know...), Bella is funny! She is such a little smart alic and witty even at 3 years old. She also has a VERY inventive imagination. I thought I would share a Bella story with you for a good laugh. I went over there a couple weeks ago and in the midst of playing Bella told me that her friend Lauren was in heaven. The conversation then proceeded like this:
Me:"Bella I'm sorry to hear that...what happened?"
Bella: "She died"
Me: "Oh that is so sad"
Bella: "Yeah she got eated by a shark"
Me: (confused)"A shark??? How did that happen?"
Bella: "She was swimming in the ocean and a shark just came and eated her"
*I was so confused at this point...did this really happen? Why hadn't their mom told me to be sensitive to all these feelings and emotions this poor 3 year old is going through....? Luckily Abi was there to help me out...
Abi: "Lauren is her imaginary friend"
Oh...I get it now...ok...so yeah a little creepy but hey...we can't control what our imaginary friends do all the time right?
So later that afternoon I talk to Wende (the mom...who I love!)
Me: "So...Bella told me a great story today"
Wende: "Oh...you met Lauren huh? Yeah that poor girl has died 15 times and different ways everytime...a shark attack is new though"
Fast forward to this week when I watched them...Bella wanted me to dress her baby so I asked her some questions about her bundle of joy...
Me: " So what's your babies name?"
Bella: "Angela...she's not my baby. She's my sister"
Me: "Oh really? Where is your mom?"
Bella: "She died"
Me: "That's sad...how did she die"
Bella: "She got shooted"
Me: "Really?! By who?"
Bella: "The bad guys"
Me: "Well who is your mom?"
Bella: "Lauren"

Of course. Poor Lauren didn't stand a chance. So the three year old is obsessed with death...hmm..not sure how I feel about it. If she wasn't so darn cute I might be a little weirded out (i.e children of the corn, i.e the bad seed)...but then I wouldn't have this blog to post! I looked through and found some of my favorite pictures of the girls. I really do adore them!!!



Isabella "Bella"

Kian and Bella last summer


Bella, Me, and Kian last summer


Me and Bella on the day of Lauren's shark attack...




Abigail..."Abi"
Abi...eating





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...