Friday, May 16, 2014

I'm Sorry

I'm sorry.
I'm sorry that I couldn't follow the 'rules' of being a lady.  I'm sorry that I fell in love with you before you could fall in love with me.  I'm sorry that I didn't know how to play hard to get.  I'm sorry that I wasn't mysterious enough.
I'm sorry that I was nice.  I'm sorry that I was 'kind' that I was unable to playfully hit you.  I'm sorry that I was too honest, that I didn't know how to keep secrets from you.  I'm sorry that I was considerate.  I'm sorry that I cared about your needs more than I did with mine.  I'm sorry for the time when I adjusted my schedule just so I could come out and support you when you asked me to.  I'm sorry that I didn't set many boundaries because I trusted you.  I'm sorry that I loved you as if I'd never been hurt.
I'm sorry that I was so sensitive.  I'm sorry that I had to take a minute or two to digest your sarcasm.  I'm sorry that I cared about you more than I should.  I'm sorry that I cared to the point where I over-analyzed the details just so I knew how to not hurt you.  I'm sorry that I wasn't strong enough to handle my emotions.  I'm sorry that I was willing to take extra steps to love you like I wished you could love me.  I'm sorry I was willing to face my fears for you.
I'm sorry.  I'm sorry that I can't change.  I'm sorry.

.....things I've wanted to say to someone but never did.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautifuly and perfectly said

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...