Thursday, August 20, 2009

Life Is a Highway....

So happy to finally be done driving! Some of the days on the road making the big move were the LONGEST of my life. We saw some very interesting things along the way and learned a few lessons as well...some of the things we saw/and learned by order of state...
Illinois:
My brother is great

My brother likes to sleep...

as does my sister...


Iowa:
You can get just about anything at a gas station....

I get a little stir crazy...

It didn't help that we were stuck in traffic for about an hour because the majority of Iowa is one lane....nice.

Nebraska:
Don't get off on random exits...you may almost be taken by the children of the corn...no joke.

Drinking out of a syringe is a lot more fun than drinking out of a straw...


There is a whole entire island for Mormons!!!


Wyoming:
Paul Bunyan gets his tires delivered

Those random windmills kind of creep me out


Utah:
They have beautiful sunsets...

Driving down from Heber to Provo through the canyon at night kind of makes me claustrophobic...

Some things never change...


Sorry for lack of pictures of Mackenzie but she spent the whole time driving with Dad in this beauty...

All in all it was a good time but I think we are all relieved and happy to be here. Living back in the same house that we lived in before we moved to Indy is a little weird. Provo has changed a bit but the people are the same. It's been so fun seeing all the old familiar faces. Still job hunting.... :(
Hopefully that won't last long.
In the famous words of Brigham Young...this is the place.

2 comments:

The Miranda's said...

I'm so glad your trip went well. I really am sorry for not stopping by before you guys left..Beto's parents were in town, and I had little time to do anything except entertain, however, I am so glad I get to read your blog because you are one awesome lady! I hope you have a blast and I'm so glad I got to know you a little better these past couple of months...with that, Courtney was really upset that Kian left and would love to send him a card..so can I have your address, please?!? Thanks so much!

Jaime said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you got there safe and sound...I think Kian and Calah have got driving across the country down...when you sleep it goes faster (kind of). I can't wait to hear what comes next for the Nelsons. Love you guys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...