Friday, July 10, 2015
1. Appreciate your parents. You don't know what will happen.
2. If you don't want to wear make up, don't. If you love the feeling of a bold lipstick and liquid liner...rock that too. Not wearing make up doesn't make you sloppy and wearing make up doesn't make you vain.
3. It's really okay to love yourself. Appreciate the funny curve of your nose, and that gap in your teeth makes your smile prettier. Just because you don't look like that girl in the magazine doesn't mean you can't tell yourself you're beautiful every now and then.
4. Do what makes you happy. I know you've heard this a million times, but I can't stress this enough. Go after your dream job even if it goes against every thing your parents wanted. If you don't like where you live, move. Your friends don't make you laugh until your sides hurt? You don't have to be friends with them anymore. You're in control. No one else. Don't fall under the pressure of pleasing people. Please yourself and live for yourself.
5. Love who you want. Regardless of skin color or societal views or really what anyone else thinks. Please never give up true love because you're scared. Love is a beautiful beautiful thing and if you're lucky enough to come across it don't you dare walk away from it because of what others will think.
6.Take long showers and lay on your bed naked after, sing too loud, sleep through your duties one day, and another day just don't leave the couch. It's okay to just decide you don't have responsibilities for a little bit. Everyone needs a day every so often to just relax. It's okay to be lazy. It's okay to sleep for 12 hours straight. It's okay to go to bed at 6 am because you're reading and wake up at 3 the next day. Treat yourself. But most importantly love yourself enough to give yourself time to breathe.
7. Alone time is good for the soul. I truly believe that. I think it's good to cancel your plans sometimes, close your door, turn off your phone, and play some Fleetwood Mac. Maybe you could read a book, or hell even write one. Take the time just you and yourself and learn to be happy with just you and the sound of your breathing. At the end of the day you are the only person that is guaranteed to stick around, so you might as well learn to enjoy the way you laugh at your own jokes or the way you pronounce words when you read out loud. Being comfortable alone is more important that you know.
8. It's okay to be in your 20's and still love Disney movies. It's not even a guilty pleasure. Everyone has their favorite whether they admit it or not.
9. Do not compromise who you are to impress someone else. You are a wonderfully constructed individual. Your trials, experiences, and life all together have sculpted you into the most lovely version of you possible. If a person doesn't like the way you live from your personal choices to your music taste, who cares? You were not put on this earth to impress them, or anyone for that matter. Impress yourself. Stick to what you want, stand up for what you believe, It's your life.
10. High school does not in any manner prepare you for college. One time my teacher dismissed class early because a kid fell down the stairs and he was laughing too hard to continue the lecture. That's all I have to say about that subject.
11. I now you're making tons of new friends, but don't forget the ones who have been there from the start. Your new friends may be exciting and wonderful and the best friends you could imagine but the ones who knew you back in middle school and were still there for you are genuine. If they loved you through your awkward phase, they're probably in it for the long run. So send some love their way every so often. When you're older, you'll be glad you did.
12. Your mom will probably cry a lot as you get older. Let her. Hug her. Cry with her. She just wants you to be happy at the end of the day. Spend Sunday afternoon telling her about your life. She'll appreciate that so much and you will too later on.
13. Stop glamorizing sadness. Sadness is not beautiful. It does not glow. Disorders are not something to make light of, and scars are not something to be ignored. Be proud of who you are. Eat that hamburger, and put the razor down. And most importantly, smile. Happiness is by far the most beautiful thing about a person.
14. It will all be okay at the end of the day. Life has a funny way of working out.
15. Speaking of funny.....life literally never goes as planned. Don't waste your time fretting over the future.
16. You can never go wrong with pizza
17. Don't wish your years away. Being young is the most fantastic exciting adventure.
18. Don't ever think that you know everything and it's time to stop learning.
19. Take risks.
20. If you ever feel unloved and worthless just know you have people who love you. You're destined for big things. Never forget your worth.