Tuesday, March 16, 2010

we're all mad here...


There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter. Which luckily I am.
I fell down the hole.
I applaud the film. The costumes, the make-up, the eery Elfman melodies, the Tim Burton (rather Dali-esque) magic dust sprinkled on every piece of the puzzle. It may not perfect, but what really is? I know there will be those that will rip this film to pieces. If any share my sentiment, we feel protective over our childhood love affairs that involved these curious characters. The mysticism, the beauty and the madness of it all. I was very young when I developed my adulation for Alice, and years later, this conviction has only grown.
Regardless of your opinion on the story of Underland, one thing rings as clear as a bell and cannot be denied. The details are stunning. Down to things you might never notice, like the bats that flutter to support the chandelier in the Queen’s castle.  I will have to see it again to notice all the things that I missed.
Are you the real Alice? The real Alice? What does that mean?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...